Fancy an adventure? North Devon has lots of options for an active break, including paddle boarding, scenic horse rides or surfing.
Exmoor wildlife safaris or night time star safaris. Or for those looking for adrenaline fuelled adventures rock climbing, white water kayaking and coasteering.
Alternatively take to the water for a fishing trip or coastal cruise.
Many people choose to go surfing at one of the local beaches, world-famous for their quality waves. Coasteering, kayaking and paddle boarding are also popular options among both locals and visitors.
Rock climbing is also popular and there are several local companies who organise rock climbing trips.
If you enjoy walking, there is lots of countryside to explore and The South West Coast Path runs along the entire Coast of North Devon and is a good way to explore.
If you’d like to try something a bit different, you can try an Exmoor safari – an Exmoor excursion that brings you close to local wildlife, including red deer and Exmoor ponies.
You could also try a sea-safari or coastal boat trip, with the chance to go seal and dolphin watching.
Perhaps horse riding is more your style? Some local stables offer the chance for scenic horse riding on the beach – an amazing experience.
North Devon also has plenty of attractions to enjoy. The ones listed below are some of our favourites and are all located within a half hour drive from us at Bampfield Farm Cottages – we really are in the perfect location to access all the North Devon has to offer.
We have discount vouchers available for many of the attractions listed below – just ask when you stay and we’ll try to help.
- Exmoor Zoo – family focused zoo with focus on conservation – www.exmoorzoo.co.uk
- The Big Sheep – Sheep themed amusement park – www.thebigsheep.co.uk
- Milky Way – Amusement park with roller coasters and wildlife displays – www.themilkyway.co.uk
- Air Extreme – www.air-extreme.co.uk
- Keypits Off Road Adventures Quad biking and 4X4 driving – www.quadbikingdevon.co.uk
- Lynton to Barnstaple Railway – restored narrow gauge railway on Exmoor – www.lynton-rail.co.uk