Terms and conditions
The term ‘Bampfield Farm Cottages’ or ‘us’ or ‘we’ refers to the owner of the website. Our address is Bampfield Farm, Goodleigh, Barnstaple, North Devon, EX32 7NR. The term ‘you’ refers to the user or viewer of our website.
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- From time to time this website may also include links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the website(s). We have no responsibility for the content of the linked website(s).
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Terms and Conditions 2022
- Provisional bookings must be paid within 7 days to confirm your booking.
The deposit of 25% is non-returnable.
- Payment in sterling. (Payable to The Old Granary) Sort-code 30-90-49 Account 34760460
- Return a completed booking form and e-mail or post it to us, with all guest names and addresses.
- You are responsible for paying your balance 8 weeks before the first day of your holiday.
- Cancellation by you. More than 8 weeks prior to your arrival date = 25% of full cost (non -returnable deposit) / less than 8 weeks prior to arrival date = 100% of full cost.
In the event of cancellation by you less than 8 weeks before your holiday, we will do our best to re let the accommodation and if we are successful we will refund a percentage of the cost. If we are unsuccessful then the full amount is payable by you. It may be possible to transfer your booking to an alternative date.
You are strongly advised to take out travel insurance to cover this eventuality.
- Cancellation by us. In the unlikely event of your self- catering accommodation not being available then we will refund in full any monies paid, however if you request us to do so we will make every effort to find alternative accommodation of a similar price. Please note we cannot be held liable for any consequential loss or extra expenditure incurred.
- There must be no more members in your party than the cottage is designed to accommodate.
- You are asked to arrive not before 4pm on the day of arrival and to vacate the property by 9.30 am on the day of departure.
- Please leave the cottage in a tidy condition and let us know about any breakages, so that we can replace them. Any articles damaged or broken beyond normal wear and tear must be paid for.
- The owners reserve the right to terminate your stay if you or members of your party are causing a nuisance to other guests or are not treating the property with due respect.
- The owners shall not be liable to you or any other member of your party for any loss or damage to person or possessions however caused.
- The owners reserve the right to enter the property during your stay.
- The owners reserve the right to refuse any booking or to cancel any bookings already made subject to refunding any sums that have been paid without further liability on your behalf.
- The owners reserve the right to cancel any booking if it subsequently transpires that any of the above mentioned conditions have not been observed.
- The guest who reserved the cottage is responsible for notifying the owner if any of their guests are ill before they arrive. If this is the case please do not come and stay. If a guest falls ill with covid19 symptoms while staying in our cottage the whole group will need to leave immediately and follow the government guidelines. Staying in the cottage longer than your booked dates will incur extra costs for both cottages and future bookings.
Should any of our team at Bampfield become ill, we will notify you as soon as possible and take the necessary action.
- Complaints and concerns. The owners should be made aware of any complaints or concerns as soon as possible to give us a chance to rectify the situation. We cannot accept complaints after departure.
- Contract. A binding contract exists when we accept your booking at The Old Granary, Bampfield Farm.
Any dispute, claim or other matter that arises out of this contract shall be conducted in the County Court nearest to the owner. Please note minor differences may arise between photographs and descriptions and if you have any specific requirements you are asked to confirm with us before making a booking.
Lynda Thorne, Bampfield Farm, Goodleigh, Barnstaple, Devon, EX327NR revised 3/2/22